Medical device engineering services
We support consultants, manufacturers and product developers.
Our team will help you developing your product at every and any step of the way, from early concept to preclinical pilot batches.
With the objective of successfully introducing your product in the market, we will evaluate your idea and its clinical need (together with key opinion leaders) and we will take care of prototyping, in vitro testing, animal testing, clinical testing and scale-up manufacturing.
Compound impregnation/functionalization of medical devices
Despite considerable research achievements, problems of infections related to medical devices and implants remain unresolved. Biofilm related infections are difficult to eradicate due to protection of extracellular polymeric substance secreted by bacteria.
At HydrUStent we have developed an innovative method of medical device impregnation, that presents advantages compared to coating:
- Homogeneous distribution of the compound throughout the device
- Long-lasting/prolonged effect (not only at the surface)
- Wide variety of compounds can be impregnated
- Metals (e.g. nitinol, tungsten, titanium, platinum)
- Natural and synthetic compounds (e.g. drugs, fatty acids, carotenoids, curcumin)
- Volatile organic compounds (odor-free medical devices)
- Enhancement of material's properties (e.g. mechanical)