The VM series of Voice Coils Motors from Geeplus addresses applications where excellent control for short stroke, bidirectional linear actuation is required–in medical or optical equipment, for example.
Control, Precision and Negligible Hysteresis
Voice Coil Actuators can develop force in either direction by reversing polarity of excitation. A very important characteristic of voice coils is extremely low hysteresis; typically two orders of magnitude less than in proportional solenoids. This, along with the flat force exhibited by voice coil actuators, lend these devices to applications requiring precise control of force and/or position (such as control valves, or lens and mirror positioning systems).
The VM series of Voice Coil Motors are designed as actuator components with incorporated shafts and sliding bearings as standard, to ensure accurate guidance of the moving coil within the magnet assembly. Position sensors are not included.
Geeplus also designs and manufactures completely customized versions in a variety of sizes and even form factors (including short stroke, U-shape, ironless motors as well rotary voice coil versions). In most applications, the coil is the moving part. Our Voice Coil Actuators can also be shipped without shaft and bearing.
Benefits of our Voice Coil Actuators:
• Proportional Control:Variable position 1 to 100mm / up to 45°
• High Speed: Vibration or marking
• High Efficiency: Battery powered systems, backup systems, temperature sensitive media
• Controllability: Linear or rotary movement with low noise or low shock at mechanical endstop
• Low Hysteresis: Control systems with high repeatability