Travel & Hotel
We have compiled useful information for a comfortable journey to the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg. You will also find attractive special conditions for hotels with the NürnbergMesse online booking service.
Travel by car
- Fast connection to the A3, A6, A9, and A73 motorways
- Signage from all directions and well-designed access routes to the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre
- You always get the most efficient route thanks to Europe's leading traffic and parking guidance system
- Address for your navigation system: Karl-Schönleben-Strasse or "Sonderziel Messe"
Low-cost car rental
NürnbergMesse in cooperation with Sixt offers you low-cost hire cars.
E-mobility at the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg
Service for exhibitors and visitors: electric cars can be charged in five areas of the Exhibition Centre. Detailed information can be found here:
Travel by train
Take the train to Nuremberg main station. From there you can reach the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg in just eight minutes by underground (line U1, direction Langwasser Süd).
- To the timetable information for regional and long-distance traffic (Deutsche Bahn): Check online at Deutsche Bahn
- To the timetable information for the metropolitan region of Nuremberg (VGN): Check online at VGN
The added bonus for you as a visitor: travel at a reduced price with the Deutsche Bahn Event Ticket
- single nationwide price for your journey from any DB station to Nuremberg
- City ticket for the connection on public transport included (from 100 km distance)
- Sustainable travel with 100% renewable energy on DB long and short-distance trains
Click here for the full range of information about DB's Event Ticket and CityTicket.
Ticket prices of the DB Event Ticket:
- for a single journey, for use only on one specific connection (subject to availability)
2nd class: EUR 51,90
1st class: EUR 84,90
- for single journey, for use on all connections (always available)
2nd class: EUR 72,90
1st class: EUR 106,90
This offer is valid until 09.12.2023.
Travel by plane
Nuremberg Airport has numerous direct flights all over Europe and to the major European air hubs. Intercontinental flights out of Frankfurt and Munich Airports are easily accessible via connecting flights or ICE.
The Albrecht Dürer Airport has had it as a major objective to enable people with disabilities to travel completely without barriers.
Information on the services at the airport at a glance: Barrier-free travel
T +49 9 11 9 37 00
Travel from the airport to the Exhibition Center by underground
Direct transfer to Underground trains: Take Underground Line U2 from the "Airport" station towards "Nürnberg Röthenbach"; Zone A single ticket or Day Ticket (recommended if you expect multiple trips).
All you need is one change at the Central Train Station to Underground Line U1 towards "Langwasser Süd"; total travel time around 25 minutes from the "Airport" station to "Messe"
Our tip: Buy your ticket in advance online in the VGN Online Shop or the VGN App and avoid waiting times at ticket machines.
Travel from the airport to the Exhibition Center by taxi
You can take a taxi from the airport to the Exhibition Centre any time; the trip takes about 25 minutes.
Nuremberg has some transport services with specially equipped vehicles. For enquiries, please call Nuremberg's central taxi station directly: T +49 9 11 1 94 10
Travel from the airport to the Exhibition Center with a rented car
Car rentals at the airport: All the major rental agencies are represented, including Avis, Hertz, Europcar, and Sixt.
Save the time-consuming search for the perfect accommodation
We work together with a selection of partner hotels in Nuremberg and the metropolitan region in the two to five-star segment. Using the online booking service from NürnbergMesse you can conveniently find hotels in all categories in Nuremberg on special terms.
Visa application for exhibitors
Since July 2013, it has generally been possible to dispense with an invitation letter from the exhibition company in the event of an application for a visa for the purpose of participation in an exhibition.
Exhibitors of MedtecLIVE with T4M, who still require an invitation letter for their visa application, can fill in our form.